Money or Page Rank ?

Friday, October 10, 2008 12 comments

Google just updated the page rank a couple weeks ago. And my pagerank didn't change after Mr. G penalize my blog. Some of people said my blog penalize cause of hidden link and some of said cause of Paid Link. But I think My blog penalize cause of Paid Link, such as Text Link Adds.
Like I said before on my article, it was dilemma for me to choose Money or Page Rank...

Money
If I choose Money I must add TLA on my blog and get Paid Review, but maybe my page rank will doesn't change forever...

Page Rank
If choose page rank, I must delete TLA and not get paid review anymore. Unless the advertisers want no follow link. But I think almost advertisers want do follow.

And you know, I choose MONEY
Because I need money from my blog, at least to pay my internet connection. Then I can surfing and browsing and participate on EC to visit my friend's blogs and your blogs too. And use my internet connection for my others activities.

What about you?
Might be some of you will choose Page Rank...
For me Page Rank is important but I Money more important :)

12 comments: to “ Money or Page Rank ? so far...

  • Anonymous October 10, 2008 at 1:34 AM
     

    I didn't realize that doing paid posts cost you a PR, so I had enjoyed a PR2 of two, and then did about 5 paid posts in the span of 2 weeks and my PR dropped to 0 very quickly.

    I also would prefer a little bit of income, but its a double edge sword, High PR = Higher paid posts, yet paid posts = Low PR.
    Catch 22

  • imelda October 11, 2008 at 4:23 PM
     

    i chose to blog and make money. the PR is just an added bonus.

  • Mharms October 12, 2008 at 12:38 PM
     

    It is pretty tough because I want both.

  • The Success October 12, 2008 at 2:51 PM
     

    May be you right Dragon...
    Paid Post make my Pr reset to 0

    I choose money too Imelda :)

    And as Marlyms said if I could choose both I will lol

  • Anonymous October 12, 2008 at 3:17 PM
     

    What's PR if you don't have cash? Right decision. I don't understand why google does this.

    Cheers.

  • steven wilson October 12, 2008 at 5:34 PM
     

    I got the big google slap as well for using text link ads,but the money far outways the pr from google.

  • Anonymous October 12, 2008 at 8:37 PM
     

    Page rank for our Directory as we list Businesses we need the Rank to help advertise them

  • Ric October 13, 2008 at 10:34 PM
     

    That happened to me too. My PR is supposed to be 3, now it's 0. Of course I prefer money over PR. But to earn decently I need a higher PR.

  • Gem October 14, 2008 at 12:12 PM
     

    Once you have those paid posts.. page rank really goes down and it can be a permanent penalty.

    And if the PR is down, the chances of having more paid opportunities goes down too.

    If you are concern with having your site's rating up with Google, then go for the page rank.

    If you are for the money, pagerank will give you a temporary boost in the beginning, but when you lose it, you get less opportunities as well.

    Just sharing my thoughts on it. =)

  • The Success October 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM
     

    Hi Jen...
    Maybe my decision is right but sometimes we need PR to get money lol

    Hi Steve and pembrokeshire
    I agree with you. Thanks

    Hi Ric...
    We have the same problem. Got Pr 3 but then reset to 0 lol

    Hi Gem...
    Thanks for share.
    I really appreciate it

  • bonoriau October 15, 2008 at 5:12 PM
     

    I prefer MONEY

  • Siddhartha October 16, 2008 at 10:01 AM
     

    For sure money should be priority number 1. But it comes from a blog when you have decent PR. For me, since I do heavily rely on Google for my traffic plus earning, I do not do anything that might invite a penalty. No way but I'm happy with progress in my Adsense account over the past few months.