Browser Comparison : IE vs Firefox vs Opera vs Safari

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 9 comments


Some research, test and analyze have been done to compare between Internet Explorer vs Firefox vs Opera and Safari.
One of test did by zdnet. They use the iBench 5.0 test suite and SunSpider, a Javascript benchmark. The results are shown below :

Conclusion of that test are :

1. The Fastest to load HTML,
- Safari 3.1 (14.4 seconds)
- Firefox 2.0.0.13 (20.6 seconds)
- IE 7 (24 seconds)
- Opera 9.27 (47.7 seconds)

2. The Fastest to Load XML/CSS
- Safari 3.1 (7.77 seconds)
- IE 7 (7.94 seconds)
- Firefox 2.0.0.13 (10.2 seconds)
- Opera 9.27 (17 seconds)

I am so surprise to the results above, because in my experience when I dropped EC, I have some conclusion below :
Safari and Opera more faster than Firefox when open single page but when open multiply page, Firefox more better and fast.
That's why :
But unfortunately Firefox 3.1 is always crash even the speed more better then the past firefox version
  • I used to Firefox when open many sites (i.e. 50 sites)
  • If there are CSS/XML sites difficult or hard to open by firefox, then I used Safari or Opera
But unfortunately Firefox 3.1 is always crash even the speed more better then the past firefox version

What about you?
What browser do you used?
Can you share and tell to us where is the best in your experience ?


9 comments: to “ Browser Comparison : IE vs Firefox vs Opera vs Safari so far...

  • anushka September 3, 2008 at 8:09 AM
     

    i am using firefox 3 and it is doing best for me.i had installed safari but the performance was poor.

  • Felix Noir September 3, 2008 at 10:28 AM
     

    I prefer Firefox 3 and the load times are great! It's very rarely that I have any crashes even though I have many, many different add-ons running at the same time. Way to go Firefox!!!!

    By the way, I stumbled across your blog via Entrecard and thought that you have done a very excellent job with it. Like you, I also have a blog. Mine is for the purpose of using my novel to save people in Uganda, Africa. Anyways, I was wondering if you would like to do a link or banner exchange with me. My blog is http://fateiscallingyou.blogspot.com and I am very interested in hearing from you. If you would like to exchange, please contact me and tell me the exact URL you would like for me to link to. Thank you. ---Felix.

  • Anonymous September 3, 2008 at 9:55 PM
     

    Hi there,

    I believe your link is already there since last month.

    Cheers

  • The Success September 3, 2008 at 10:00 PM
     

    hi r1oooo
    Nice if my link there... :)
    thanks...

  • The Success September 3, 2008 at 10:01 PM
     

    hi felix and vrajesh...
    I agree that using firefox is still the best but sometimes I got trouble with firefox : crash...

  • Sandee September 3, 2008 at 10:08 PM
     

    As you requested I've added you to my link exchange list. Please do the same for me.

    Comedy Plus @ http://comedyplus.blogspot.com/

    Thank you in advance. :)

  • Unknown September 3, 2008 at 10:39 PM
     

    I love firefox! Especially because of the foxmarks plug in.
    It sometimes runs slow if I have open more than 25 tabs (While dropping ec), but other than that it is tops!

  • Anonymous September 4, 2008 at 7:58 AM
     

    Even though the new Google Chrome for windows is really fast, I still prefer FF3 for dropping EC. I can't just give up my entrebar lol!

  • Anonymous September 8, 2008 at 7:39 AM
     

    I love using Safari (I'm a Mac person), b/c it just works faster than even Firefox. But I do miss my plugins.

    Did you test w/ Chrome yet?

    ElizabethPW